Daycare is a place for well socialized, well trained dogs. We come alongside our K-9 owners to ensure both. We provide a structured day program that includes a minimum of 5 miles of walking per day, manners training, and reward based conditioning. The result, a calm, well-exercised, more confident dog.
Duration varies: $20-30 per day
- Dogs under the age of 1, that are not spayed or neutered are $25-30 for Daycare Services.
- Dogs over the age of 1, that are unaltered are not accepted into our daycare programs.
What to Expect:
All dogs are evaluated in a small group on Saturdays prior to beginning our daycare program. Evaluations are 9am-1pm and are $ 50. Prior to coming for an evaluation, all dogs need to have had a clear fecal test within 10 days. If they pass the behavior evaluation they are invited to begin a trial daycare period during the weeks following.
All dogs should arrive between 7am-9:30am. Pick-ups are from 3pm-7pm.
Most of the mornings are spent walking outside (weather permitting), coupled with low intensity play and socializing.
Manners training, reward based games, and foraging is spread out through the day.
Dogs are expected to rest in the afternoon to avoid over-stimulation. This is a learned behavior in a group of dogs and we will work with all new dogs to ensure they get into a habit of resting while they are here.
What to Bring:
If they require a lunch meal, bring it in an airtight container.
A Note About Suitability:
Not all dogs love the daycare setting. If they don't love being around other dogs, it is often too stressful for them. The first 2-3 weeks of daycare is considered a trial period. Once the pups learn our routine, learn the rules, and get to know us, we get to see who they really are in a group setting. These first weeks we are watching for a good adjustment into the structure of Daycare, to make some friends, play, and be able to rest around other dogs. We are not just looking for dogs to tolerate being here, but actually enjoy the environment. Within 2-3 weeks it becomes clear, by their behavior, if they are enjoying it, or tolerating it. We will communicate throughout the introductory process about their adjustment to help you make the best decision about how they spend their days. If we observe any anti-social behavior during the introductory period they will not be accepted into the program. Anti-social behavior threatens the stability and safety of the entire group and cannot be tolerated at all.
Saturday Day Boarding: $35 per day.
(We do not do daycare on Sundays. You can board your dog Saturday and pick up 3-6pm Sundays only)
Currently we are only grooming dogs that are part of our daycare program or regular boarders.
Bath, Blow-dry, & Brush out.
Small Dogs: ( Up to 25 Pounds) $ 30
Medium Dogs: (Up to 60 Pounds) $ 40
Large Dogs: (Up to 100 Pounds) $ 50- $ 60
- Extra Large Dogs: (100+) $ 60- $ 70
- Dematting $ 15
Undercoat Brush out with the Furminator $ 10
- Nails: $ 10
- Nails with Dremel $ 15
- Ears: $10
- Teeth: $10
Full Hair Trims:
- Up to 40 Pounds: $ 20
- 40-60 Pounds: $ 30
- 60-100 Pounds: $ 40
- 100+ Pounds: $ 50
- Anal Glad Expression $ 10
- Face (Beard): $ 10
- Trim Around the Feet: $ 15
- Trim Sanitary Areas: $ 15
As members of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers, we ascribe to a reward based, positive reinforcement training mindset. We have a full time professionally certified trainer (CPDT-KA) on site, that can provide individual training while dogs are here for daycare. We also have off campus and in home sessions available.
- $30 per 30 Minute Session (on site)
- $ 50 per 60 Minute, in person (on site)
- $ 60 per 60 Minute, in home.
- Puppy Essentials Training:(4 Weeks) Includes basic commands and manners, etiquette, and desensitization of novel items.
- Basic Obedience: (6 Weeks) Reliable Sit, Down, Stay, Come, and Heel.
- Life Skills 1 & 2: (6 Weeks each) Place work, Watch me, Loose Leash Walking, Recall, Appropriate Greetings, General Manners.
- Behavior Modification - (As Needed) Jumping on People, Barking, Pulling on Leash, Leash Reactivity, Fear, Separation Anxiety, etc.
**We are not currently taking new boarding customers.
Our desire at K-9 Kidz, is to provide your doggie with a quality 'home away from home' while you are away. We include them in our family life. Their comfort and your peace of mind is our top priority! We evaluate all dogs prior to boarding to ensure suitability. Evaluations are completed on Saturdays prior to any boarding from 9am-1pm and are $50.
Duration varies: $45 per night
Boarding fees include a 24 hour period. Drop off and pickup during regular scheduled business hours.
What to expect:
We do not have kennels. While dogs are boarding, they will sleep in one of our shared living room suites with other dogs. Each suite is supplied with a couch, dog beds, and crates can be set up if desired. It is required that our boarding dogs are well socialized with other dogs.
What to Bring:
- Bring the food your dog (s) normally eats in a airtight container. We have stainless steel bowls.
- Bring a bed if they have one they love, otherwise bedding not required.
- Bring a copy of current vaccinations. Rabies, Distemper, and Bordetella (kennel cough) are required to be current for us to meet the requirements of our insurance as well as protect all the dogs in our care. All dogs are also required to be on some form of Flea, Tick, and Heartworm prevention.
Drop off / Pick up:
- It is preferred that dogs arrive before 9:30am or after 3pm on the day of arrival.
- Pickup appointments can be scheduled depending on the day of pickup.
Sunday pick ups 3pm-6pm only.
**We are not currently accepting new boarding customers.